Shri Hanumantharaya Educational & Charitable Society was established in the year 1982 under the guidance and inspiration of (Late) Shri Pendekanti Venkata Subbaiah, Former Union Minister of State for Home and Parliamentary Affairs and Former Governor of Bihar and Karnataka States. He was also the founder Chief Patron of the Society. As it had always been his desire and avowed objective to work for the up-liftment and development of people of this drought prone socio economically backward area of Rayalaseema region from where he himself hailed, he felt that a Society comprising people of various talents and background should be formed to take up development activities in this area. He was of firm belief that the activities should be taken up in an integrated manner to bring about an overall development.
VisionWellbeing and Socio-economic development of the various disadvantaged and vulnerable sections of the society.
MissionDeveloping appropriate strategies and interventions that will promote and ensure sustainable development of the target groups.
- To run all categories of Schools (Primary, Secondary, higher), technical educational institutions, vocational training institutions and colleges including community colleges for the benefit of students and others concerned.
- To act as a link between the Central and State Governments and other appropriate agencies for formulation and implementation of programmes, projects and schemes for integrated rural development and to accept necessary grants and funds for carrying out these activities.
- To undertake development of community infrastructure such as roads, buildings, hospitals, schools, youth clubs, community halls, libraries, houses for weaker and economically backward sections of the Society.
- To organize and undertake watershed and wasteland development activities, including construction of tanks, canals check dams, wells, etc.
- To sponsor children in need and to provide integrated developmental facilities with a focus on the child, family and community.
- To establish homes for the children in need of care and protection and to provide all facilities for their growth and development.
- To organize adult education, non-formal education and supplementary education centers for promotion of literacy.
- To work in collaboration and/implement programs and schemes of State/Central Government or any other agency for universalisation of education, particularly elementary school education and to do all such things as may be considered necessary for, incidental or conducive to, the attainment of the said objective i.e. universalisation of education.
- To organize women into effective Self Help Groups (SHGs), DWACRA groups, who will initiate group action programs for women and child welfare and their economic development, and to borrow or obtain assistance from Government organization, financial institutions, foreign donor agencies or other similar organizations, to promote this activity.
- To improve the income levels of poor families by organizing women into effective groups, enhancing their capabilities by upgrading their skills and to act a facilitator with backward and forward linkages.
- To organize youth rallies, Mahila meetings and children conferences in order to create awareness and empowering these sections.
- To organize and provide day care centers and residential homes for the old aged, physically handicapped, mentally challenged and other disabled persons and to provide necessary assistance and help for their rehabilitation and well being and to get assistance from Government organizations, foreign donor agencies or other similar organizations interested in the welfare of the above mentioned disadvantaged group of persons.